Friday, November 03, 2006

Thank you Lord for the Hot Toddy!

I have had a cold for the past couple of days. Nothing too serious, just a raw, sore throat, a hacking and unproductive cough. Well tonight I remembered that my older sister was suffering a cold when she was in Scotland, and was made a hot toddy to "sweat it out of her." It worked for her, so I figured it was worth a shot. I had Scotch, I had lemon juice, I had tea, and I had sugar to make syrup. Here's the recipe I used:
1.5 ounces whiskey
1 ounce simple syrup
1/3 ounce lemon Juice
3 ounces tea (hot)

Wow, It helped my throat, and yes, started to sweat the cold out of me. I cannot stress enough what a miracle the Hot Toddy is. If anyone is suffering from a cold, make one, or two, you won't be disappointed.

Yours in Christ,
Thursday

P.S.
I used an 18 year old Macallan for the first one, then decided that no matter how nice it tasted, that was a waste of a wonderful Scotch, so I used a 10 year old Laphroaig for the second, it also tasted good, and the smokiness seemed to compliment the other flavors very nicely.

No comments: