Wednesday, August 17, 2005

iBook Stampede

Wow, when people find they can buy a four year old iBook for $50.00, they leave decency at the gate. I love my iBook, in fact, I am writing this entry on my iBook; however, I don't think I would want to buy one that had been abused by a high-school student for four years. I guess I'm in the minority though, as 12,000 people (unofficial count) showed up to buy 1,000 iBooks. You don't have to be a mathematician (which I am), to figure out that 12,000 people all wanting one of the only 1,000 iBooks is a bad situation waiting to happen. People are basically good, right? You only need seven police officers to handle that type of crowd, right? I guess not. When the stampede happened, seventeen people were injured. One man even tried to drive his car through the crowd. All this for iBooks that are probably not in the best of condition.
I just don't get it.

Yours in Christ,
Thursday

Stories
here,
here
and,
here

No comments: