Friday, February 17, 2006

Reason #158,597,398 why apple is better: Poetry!

As some of you may know. . . wait, my audience consists entirely of nerds (admit it!). . . As all of you should know, apple is switching to intel processors. I have to say the benchmarks that are coming from the core duo processors are simply amazing. So anyway, there is a group of hackers that is trying to get OS X to work on non-apple hardware. I don't know why they would want to put OS X into a dull little box, but who am I to judge, some people juggle geese. So, when they were doing their nefarious deeds, they ran across a message from apple hidden in the code. Now this is nothing special, Microsoft does the same. What is original is what apple put in the code. Microsoft sticks to the "YOU ARE BREAKING THE EULA!!!!!!!!!!!!!" style, but not apple. Here's what was written:

"Your karma check for today:
There once was a user that whined/
his existing OS was so blind/
he'd do better to pirate/
an OS that ran great/
but found his hardware declined./

Please don't steal Mac OS!/
Really, that's way uncool./
(C) Apple Computer, Inc."

Apple continues to "think different."

Yours in Christ,
Thursday

P.S.
Well, apple's not thinking completely different, they also issued a DMCA violation notice to the forum that has been working on the hacks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my OS!!!! Always have and always will.

Claire said...

That's funny. And I love my Mac, too. Except for iPhoto. I HATE iPhoto. But that's another rant for another day.

Chestertonian Rambler said...

I love Mac.

I'm not made of money.

Therefore, I use a Dell with Windows XP/Linux.

But great props for the Wash quote.

southcutt said...

This reminds me of a line I once found buried in a Mozilla Firefox configuration file (I've long since forgotten where, exactly):

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /* set default namespace to XUL */

And yes, if you visit that URL, the reference is extended.

(Ghostbusters, for the uninitiated.)