Sunday, October 23, 2005

Civilization IV

Hi all,
Have you listened to my podcast? Well, why not? Ya, I thought so, no good reason.
Anyways, Civilization IV comes out on Tuesday!
I can't afford the game, so I'm not buying it right away. I also can't afford to lose the time I would playing it, so I guess it's all for the best. You can see the trailer for Civ IV here: http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/trailer/civ4_640_wmv.zip.
It is well worth the look, it is narrated by Martin Sheen, and is very professional. The music is absolutely amazing. You should also visit the official site for the game here: http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/home.htm. Be sure to have your sound turned on, as the music will just blow you away. One of the cool features that Civ IV is incorporating is a clock on the game screen with an alarm. This should stop me from playing until 1 am, realizing what time it is, saying just one more turn, and then playing for another 2 hours. Well, I say it "Should," but unless the alarm has auto-save, auto-quit, and auto-shutdown, it won't do a thing. Maybe it needs the equivalent of a snooze button, the "One More Turn Button." The alarm goes off, you hit "Give me one more turn," and after that turn, it auto-saves your game, and quits the program.
The other big feature that is going to be in Civ IV is Religion! There are going to be seven religions that you can found, and build temples for. you also get the "Holy City" for any religion your civilization founds. Having the "Holy City" for a particular religion gives you gold from any other civilization that has people of that religion, along with other benefits. Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking? Yup, potential for major "Holy Wars" to liberate a "Holy City" from the hands of the impure!
Well, that's all for tonight.
Yours in Christ,
Thursday

No comments: