Friday, October 14, 2005

Plato Group

I went to Plato Group today. Plato Group is the coolest group ever invented! It is a gathering of Philosophers, Theologian, Classicist, and me the token Scientist discussing Plato’s Republic. I only add a point every now an then, being fairly new to Plato, but there are wonderful discussions. The format is pretty much one person reads aloud the passages for the session and then people bring up anything that caught their eye. It’s great, as we have Classicists who can read the Republic in the Ancient Greek as we go along, and tell us if that clever word play that we connected to something in a previous book is in the original, or put in by the translator. All I can really say about Plato Group is that is one of the highlights of my week, and well worth the hike up the steep hill to get to it.
Yours in Christ,
Thursday

No comments: