Wednesday, November 30, 2005

More on the Rule.

Ok, as long as I get this up in less than an hour, I won't break my promise (again.) I think the rule is a remarkable document, it is what I have always thought. Not that I'm saying what I think is the gauge by which Vatican pronouncements are measured, it's just nice to know I was right all along! Dom, over on Betnett commented that people often talk about the many good and celibate gay priests, and how we have no evidence that they exist. He's write, the only evidence of gay priests that we have is the 400 in the U.S. that have died of Aids, and the multitude who abused young men. Neither of these groups can be called "good priests," as they broke their vows, and committed mortal sins. If there are good celibate priests who have a homosexual tendency, we will never know, because they do not flaunt their affliction. It is their own cross to bear. That is all for right now.
Yours in Christ,
Thursday

No comments: