Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Tradition in Action strikes again. UPDATE X2

Previously I have posted on the website "Tradition in Action" (here and here). They have a section that they call "Church Revolution in Pictures," in which they post a new image each week that they think shows the decline of the Catholic Church post Vatican II. Well, I saw this picture, and read it's caption, and wrote a letter to them.


"On December 7, 2001, following the example of John Paul II,
Bishop Kevin M. Britt dances at the National Catholic Youth Conference.

After being Auxiliary Bishop of Detroit, he was named Bishop of Grand Rapids. "


My letter was as follows:
Hello,
I have been reading through your site for several months now, and have been tempted many times to write a letter to you, but this piece was the proverbial straw. You disapprove of Bishop Kevin M. Britt dancing (www.traditioninaction.org/RevolutionPhotos/A087rcDancingBishop), but you fail to mention what music he is dancing to. Just by glancing at the picture I can tell you the name of the song is either "Our God is an Awesome God," or "Yes, Lord." Those are the only two songs that have a dance with a "thumbs up," like the one shown in the picture. Do you object to a dance that praises God? If King David, God's anointed king for His people, danced and sang the praises of God before the Ark, why should you malign one of God's anointed shepherds for doing the same?

Well, their site says they published my letter and their response here, but it's not there (UPDATE: They have now posted their answer to my letter, but not my letter). (UPDATE2: My letter is now published.)
I'm will be very interested to see what they have to say, and will post my response here when they do. (UPDATE: I will be addressing the points they made in a upcoming post.)
Yours in Christ,
Thursday

1 comment:

antonia said...

that was a good letter you wrote! It'll be interesting to hear their response.
They fail to understand that if they reject Vatican2, they must, by the same logic, reject all the other Church Councils..Trent, etc.

Anyway, see you later (old man!) hehe! You are even older than I am...!! :-)

-x-