Saturday, December 31, 2005

I'm Home! (again)

Well, I’m back from London. Sorry about not checking email or updating while I was gone, but I couldn’t find any unsecured wireless. I had a great time, nice and relaxing. We went to Westminster Cathedral for Mass on Wednesday and Thursday. On Thursday Mass was in one of the side chapels for St. Thomas Becket’s feast day. We were thinking of going to Canterbury for Thursday, but decided against it. Actually going to mass in Thomas’s chapel in the new seat for the Catholic Church in England was better than seeing (and paying to get in to) the stolen property in Canterbury again. I really think that Westminster Cathedral is the most beautiful church in the world, and it’s not even finished. If I ever become fabulously wealthy (very unlikely) I will finish all the mosaics.
We also went to visit a few paintings at the national gallery, but I’ll make a separate post on that later today. Other than that, and a trip out to my sister’s Fiancé’s parent’s house, we took it very easy. I hope everyone had a joyous Christmas.
Yours in Christ,
Thursday

1 comment:

Kei said...

Nice for you to come back!

I spent time with a friend of mine, and she came with me to her first Tridentine Latin Mass. She was very impressed, and we went out to a Vietnamese soup restaurant. Amen to the Solemnity of the Theotokos!

In via Christi,
Kevyn.