Monday, September 19, 2005

I Know, I know...

I know I was going to get some writing done on Dake this weekend, and there is still no update to the site. I have a good excuse though! I went to check back at the site of those wonderfully heretical rad trads "Tradition in Action (TIA)." Awhile back they posted an article "refuting" distributism based on the personal sins of one of its developers, Eric Gill. You can find the article here. Basically, the piece is an "ad hominem" garbage, and was shocked to find out they thought it was a good argument. I guess others thought the same way, as they have an entire section devoted to rebuttals of the piece. Here's the link. At one point, TIA even admits that "ad hominem" arguments are fallacious, but claim that it doesn't matter. In another post, TIA merely accuse the letter writer of using a fake name, ignoring his letter almost completely. So most of the weekend was spent reading up on Eric Gill, his art, ect., and trying to decide if I should send them a letter as well.
I haven't written a letter yet, but still might. I thought if I put this up, a bunch of Chesterton fans will rally around distributism, and write letters of their own to TIA.
Well, happy writing!

Yours in Christ,
Thursday

P.S. Mention you heard about TIA on my site!

No comments: