Thursday, September 29, 2005

Serenity

1 day more...



Serenity


The tenth crew member is Serenity. Serenity is a Midbulk Transport, standard radion-accelerator core. Class code 03-K64, but that was more than you wanted to know, right. You can see from the picture why the show is called "firefly," or at least I hope you can. You can also probably tell that Serenity is not a big ship. Compared to an Alliance cruiser, she is miniscule. She is agile and dependable though, and Mal would do most anything to keep her flying.

Yours in Christ,
THursday

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Serenity grossed a very below average 10 million in the US for its opening weekend. This really shocks me because the movie was one of the best sci-fi movies I have seen since the Matrix. At first I thought I just appriciated it more because I watched the DVD's, but then I took a friend who was unfamiliar with the TV show, and he liked the movie as well. The one thing I believe was responsible was lack of promotion. The trailers were absolutly horrible. They did not show that this movie actually had alot of depth and content, instead they showed us random images and a few jokes that probably made everyone think "oh another sci-fi" when it really wasn't

Thursday said...

I would love to agree with you, but I haven't seen it yet! The only theater near me that is showing it is french speaking. It is horrible, but I will be going home for Columbus Day (aka Canadian Thanksgiving), and will definitely see it then.

Yours in Christ,
Thursday