Monday, January 23, 2006

Tradition in action confuses me greatly.


Tradition in Action has posted this picture along with the caption "To show that he is a modern Pope duly adapted to the modern world,
Pope Benedict XVI introduces the use of designer sunglasses to the papal vestments."

It was sunny, would they prefer he wore the triple tiara with a big sun brim on it! I'll try to make one in photoshop. I've heard, but not had it confirmed, that Benedict is getting his fashion advice from his private secretaryMonsignor Georg Gänswein.

Yours in Christ,
Thursday

3 comments:

antonia said...

pah! Those people should take at look at themselves first.

Poor Pope. He cant even wear sunglasses to protect his eyes without some know-it-alls criticizing him.
it is pretty pathetic.

Claire said...

Hm. I followed the link, and am appropriately floored. So far as I can tell without perusing the site too deeply, they really didn't like JPII--and because he had a genuine affection for young people? Because he wanted to meet us where we stood? Because he had fun? I mean, God forbid a pope enjoy himself now and then.... Sheesh. I do not understand how anyone could dislike JPII.

Conservative as I am, I must admit that I'm a little afraid of the man who might fit their image of an ideal pope.

Anonymous said...

Them problem lies in Benedictus wearing everything in his head but the customary mitre of his holy office, including a three-point-hat of the Spanish Civil Guard (I'm Spanish myself and can provide this pricture if you doubt it). A Pope is the Vicar of Christ on Earth. Therefore, he does not need to make such sensless efforts to appear "cool" to contemporary mode-fetishist -all of them materialistic atheists. But instead of this, modern Rome dances Woodstock-style and shares a communistic version of the "Eucharistia" with animists, protestants, muslims, jews and the like, while claiming the power to "indult" the Mass of St. Pius V. What will be next? Will they try to "indult" the Nicene Creed, the Council of Trent or St. John's Gospel?

Yours in Chirst-the-King

Prof. de Worms